*The cover image is Yismaw with us back in 2012. (Great Memories)
Check out this very little chair Melaku made… (That’s my backpack next to the chair.) 🙂
Isn’t it much more adorable now?
These are a couple pics I took in December. I wasn’t able to get them online b/c of having limited access to the internet.
Here are a few updates:
- The whole family is back in Ohio. We’re here to share about FNM’s progress and plans for the next 3 years as we renew our project in Ethiopia.
- Yismaw is in California, living with great friends, and beginning his college studies.
- Yes, the Forgotten No More Training Center is fully functional, staffed, and open daily. You can see our staff on the staff page.
- We appreciate all of the extra support that came in during December, we used much of it to renew our annual lease of the Forgotten No More Training Center.
- We are now expanding and reaching farther out, adding 1-2 kids to our programs weekly.
- All of our government stakeholders are very excited about the work of FNM, and have worked closely with us to ensure we continue serving in Bahir Dar.
- Our managers are in the process of renewing our project license, while we’re meeting with our partners here in the states.
- Another drought/famine (in areas of Ethiopia) are forecasted for 2017.
- The people of Ethiopia need your prayer! – (you can Google on your own)
Also, we’re looking to change Minichel’s life through spine surgery in Ghana. I’ll be putting more details online about Mini’s amazing opportunity. Minichel has TB of the spine.
His surgery isn’t cheap, but we know it will not only improve his life but it will actually extend his life.
We have a Great Staff at Forgotten No More. Here are a few pics of them during our latest Open House.
When Cheryl brought Yismaw to California in early December, It was just the kids and I.
Since we’ll be here for a few months, we found a temporary home for Buna, Grace Center’s Girls Foster Home. We took Buna to visit many times to their home, and this is a picture of the drop-off. When we return to Ethiopia, we’ll get them a little puppy and Buna will rejoin our family. This was agreeable with all of the kids…especially Ava (who learned to bark before she could talk) 🙂
Buna giving us the stare down making sure we are coming back for her. We love this special dog, who has been an amazing part of our family.
This is us, all packed up, ready to come to the states…just before Christmas. This was our first Christmas in America in the past 7 years. It’s been a busy first month back home with Christmas, New Years, the Buckeyes loosing the National Championship, hosting Yismaw in Ohio, and having a special family stay with us from out of town. …and now I’m back online.
Ava & Yismaw – we’re so excited for Yismaw to start college…what an amazing journey he has had in 6 years.
Family picture…can you tell who is still jet lagged 🙂
Cheryl, the kids, & I have felt like we’ve used the last few weeks decompressing. We’ve been able to attend our home church the past 2 Sundays…the kids have throughly enjoyed being with kids their age. Cheryl & I spent a Saturday in an “Experiencing Prayer” event at the Reynoldsburg UMC, and we have some amazing new resources. The FNM Training Center is in great hands, and they are looking forward to our return with funding for our new budget year.